What we’re about
Outdoor Tribe is a social enterprise existing to promote and benefit wellbeing in the community through reconnecting people with nature. We have a growing team of volunteers who help deliver our events who are also involved closely in the ongoing management of the woodland where we operate.
Susan Collini is the main leader, holding Level 3 qualifications to deliver Social Forestry sessions, Mindfulness in a woodland setting and also Forest School for children.
Susan has long recognised that co-connection between people and woodlands delivers wellbeing benefits to both and runs regular Social Forestry session for adults, many of whom graduate to further involvement as DBS checked volunteers for our monthly sessions for families with SEN children.
Susan is particularly interested in promoting intergenerational learning, bringing those from older and younger generations together for shared learning/activity sessions. These events promote broad wellbeing benefits, sense of community and and improved understanding between those at opposite ends of the age spectrum.
The following are the Aims and Objectives of Outdoor Tribe CIC as contained in our Articles of Association.
- To use the outdoor environment to engage children, young people and adults in learning and play, enhancing skills, communication and self confidence.
- To use the outdoor environment to provide activities for children, young people, adults with learning and mental health issues and their parents, carers and guardians including but not exclusively: ASD; Dementia, and special educational needs.
- To use the outdoor environment to improve the health and wellbeing of the community.
- Develop workplace skills through training in woodland crafts and manufacture of products made from woodland materials.
- Run sessions designed to deliver training to professionals related to working in an outdoor environment with children, adults and individuals with special needs.
Join the Outdoor Tribe for…
Families with SEN children
Monthly sessions promoting relaxation for all the family through connection with nature
Social Forestry sessions for adults
Available on alternate Monday and Wednesdays mornings throughout the year.
Combining food, fire and opportunities to learn woodland skills.