Nature Ninja Awards
Engaging with Nature Ninja awards can provide great ‘starting points’, especially for children with anxiety issues or those who lack confidence in social situations
What are Nature Ninja awards?
- These can be worked towards during Forest School sessions, or can be engaged with on an ‘as and when’ basis when visiting the woodland
- Attendance required for a minimum of 6 sessions to achieve the award and a certificate
- The objectve of Nature Ninja awards is to promote building a relationship between the learner and the natural world
What is Forest School?
- Forest School is a long term process, using a learner centered model, with the aim of building motivation,, resilience, risk assessment and independence, with the aim of building self-esteem
- Forest School is a long-term process, rather than a series of one-off activity sessions. Observations by the Forest School leader shape sessions and activities, to benefit needs of individual children attending
Season related activities have been developed to suit all ages and abilities
Activities can be completed both during the woodland session and at home
Successful outcomes build confidence, social skills and self esteem
Pay as you go
£20 per child with adult
block of six sessions
booked at one time
£100 per child with adult
Susan Collini has Level 3 leader qualifications in Forest School, Social Forestry and Mindfulness in a woodland setting and has a background of working with children with special educational needs
The objective of Outdoor Tribe’s Nature Ninja awards is to promote physical, emotional and social development through supported activities and free play within a woodland environment
For children aged 3 – 15 attending school or being home educated
Sessions last 2 hours
Booking now for sessions running April 2018 onwards
My son always leaves the session energised and wanting to do more
He is always so excited to tell people what he has done and his confidence has grown so much.
Being in a small “safe” group with trusted adults has definitely helped develop social skills.
I feel the whole forest school experience has really enriched their lives