Forest School is about having fun and experiencing success
Parental feedback“My boys loved making new friends in an environment where they felt safe and valued. Both grew in confidence over the 6 weeks; the Forest School experience allowing them to to communicate with new people and express their opinions knowing they would be heard”
Parental feedback“Both my boys loved being out in the woods and enjoying the freedom of doing activities that interested them. My eldest loved exploring and learning more about the natural world, while my youngest son really developed his more self-confidence through being encouraged to extend both his physical and social skills during the fun packed sessions”
Forest School sessions for children aged 3 - 12
We run Forest School taster sessions throughout the year, so make sure you get your name down to ensure we keep you informed of future dates
What is Forest School?
- At Forest School the sessions are designed to provide children with opportunities for freedom, experiencing the joys of imaginative play-based experiences in a truly wild wood setting.
- Forest School is a process, not just about developing physical and social skills, but supporting each child’s needs in ways that it is hoped will help them in life beyond Forest School.
- Forest School shouldn’t just about den building and making camp fires, rather more about helping children to relax, have fun, connect with the natural world, enjoy being part of a group, overcome fears and anxieties.
- Forest School provides children with a secure and supportive framework in an outdoor environment in which they can find their own starting points, having fun and extending skills without even knowing they are doing so.
- At Forest School the adult role is to support, encourage, stand back and observe without interference, unless a child is putting themselves or others at risk.
- The Forest School Leader introduces activities to promote holistic development of individual children and to encourage them to learn about and connect with the natural world.
- Forest School taster sessions are designed to deliver a flavour of what Forest School is all about. Children need to attend for a minimum of 6 sessions for holistic development benefits.
Forest School sessions feedback
“Thanks for the taster session – I thought it was amazing! If only they had this type of thing when I was a kid”
“Love the Outdoor Tribe ethos and really looking forward to my daughter doing the 6 week course and watching her grow in confidence”
Cost of Forest School sessions
One-off Forest School Sessions
- Age range 3 – 12
- The price charged covers costs associated with rental charge for use of the woodland, staff related expenses to run the activities and all materials used by those taking part
- We offer a reduction of 20% on the cost for siblings and there is no charge for parent or babe in arms
- The sessions will be led by Susan Collini, a Level 3 Forest School Leader who has worked as both a mainstream and special needs teacher. Susan has necessary First Aid and DBS certificates and Outdoor Tribe CIC has insurance for delivery of woodland activities for children and adults
- For Taster sessions children need to be accompanied by at least one supervisory adult per 3 children
- Refreshments served during the session to children and adults are included in the price
- The session will last 2 hours
- Minimum number of children required to run the session is 10. Maximum is 15
6 Forest School sessions
- Age range 3 – 12
- The price charged covers costs associated with rental charge for use of the woodland, staff related expenses to run the activities and all materials used by those taking part.
- We offer a reduction of 20% on the cost for siblings and there is no charge for adults or babes in arms
- The sessions will be led by Susan Collini, a Level 3 Forest School Leader who has worked as both a mainstream and special needs teacher. Susan has necessary First Aid and DBS certificates and Outdoor Tribe CIC has insurance for delivery of Forest School related activities
- Children over 5 can attend unaccompanied
- Children under 5 require a supervisory adult
- Refreshments served during the session to children are included in the price
- Forest School sessions last 2 hours
- Minimum number of children required to run is 12, maximum 20
Forest School location
Oxlip Wood, Sudborough, East Northants
Outdoor Tribe is a Community Interest Company, set up to service and benefit a range of user groups. All company profits are reinvested to further the company’s main objectives which include:
- Use of the outdoor environment to engage children, young people and adults in learning and play, enhancing self confidence
- Use of the outdoor environment to provide activities for children, young people and adults with learning and mental health issues, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Dementia, and special educational needs.
- Use the outdoor environment to improve the health and wellbeing of the community
You can read the Terms and Conditions relating to Forest School sessions. Other operational procedures and policies can be inspected if requested. We welcome feedback to help us improve the Forest School sessions we provide.